Vols. 3-4 have imprint: Seymour, Conn., Pub. by W.C. Sharpe, 1901-11
"From ... the authorized records of the town ... the parish records, the inscriptions in the cemeteries ... and ... other sources."
A part of the town of Derby was incorporated as Seymour in 1850, when the town records begin. Parish registers, however, begin in 1817 and cemetery inscriptions several years earlier. The final volume brings the records to the close of the year 1910